Lagos Immersion Hackathon Launches In Lagos
Lagos Immersion Hackathon launches with five startups, in partnership with UK DIT and Innovation Corner
The UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in partnership with Innovation corner launched Lagos Immersion. A new challenge which aims to illuminate the strengths of the African technology scene and encourage greater investment; especially those which address some of the macroeconomic and development challenges of the continent.
Successful applicants received an invitation to the Lagos Immersion hackathon on July 12, 2019, and winners received the following:
- Will be paired with mentors with investment background and access to a wider network for 4 months.
- Will be invited to the Beyond Nigeria networking session with the Deputy High commissioner of the UK High Commission in August 2019 and subsequent sessions.
- The opportunity to pitch your ideas to potential investors and partners in Nigeria and the UK.
- Will receive support from the Department for International Trade and Innovation Corner.
- Access to local and foreign Immersion corporate partners.
- Much more
SocialGood Lagos as implementing partners provided human resources for organizing the hackathon and media coverage.
10 successful applicants were selected. The hackathon took place from 9am and the pitch session took place by 2pm.
5 finalists were selected:
Others who pitched
- Girls on Canvas
- Salt Talks Africa
April 21, 2019
March 31, 2019